Cannes Film Festival: Red Carpet Do’s and Dont’s
Trade show etiquette is a diverse and ever changing being. Each festival, whether it be fashion, design, art or music, holds its own ethos of how to act… and how not to… and there is perhaps no festival as particular in its etiquette as Cannes Film Festival. Not knowing how to act can lead to more than just a few nasty looks, it can lead to actually getting kicked off the red carpet.
- Don’t take a selfie. This one’s for real. They actually made a “No Selfie Policy” this year.
- Don’t step on any train, it probably belongs to someone big enough to have a “train handler.”
- Do act confident. Those photographers don’t know for sure if you’re a somebody or not, act like a star and you might get a 15 seconds of fake fame.
- Don’t forget your bow tie (unless you’re George Clooney).
- Do untie that bow tie once you get inside and leave it hanging open for that trying, not trying Cannes nonchalance.
- Star struck? Keep it to yourself.
- P.S. that “Don’t wear heels” thing flying around… just a rumour. President of Cannes, Thierry Frémaux just denied it.
- Don’t take a picture of the presidents of Cannes. Unless your Creative Mapping.
How to get onto the red carpet? Now that’s another story…